Postcard from France | Château de Joux (Fort de Joux)

Postcard | France | Château de Joux (Fort de Joux)

Postcard | Château de Joux (Fort de Joux) 
2013 stamp; "Quand les poules auront des dents"
2013 stamp; "Quand les poules auront des dents"
POSTCARD: The imposing fortress of Château de Joux, a castle transformed into a fort, located in La Cluse-et-Mijoux, a commune in Doubs department, France. The Fort de Joux was a state prison between the 17th & 19th centuries.

STAMP: Features the illustration of Emmanuelle Houdart, an award-winning children’s book author, illustrator and painter with the famous French expression "Quand les poules auront des dents" which literally means, according to Audrey, "when hens (fowl) have teeth" ; 2013 issue

Thanks to Audrey of France!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

France would be such a fun place to visit. I will have to make it there someday :-) I love castles and medieval stuff...heck, I enjoy any kind of history. I was able to be in Ireland for over two weeks once and I visited every castle I could. It was awesome! I bet France has a ton of cool castles!

-James A. Majors
http://imalifecoach4life.blogspot.com

Click Here To Post Your Comment

Post a Comment